Friday, August 21, 2009

Novel Travels: Wuthering Heights

Visiting the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth gives a sense of deja vu. It's hard to visit and not see Heathcliff and Catherine walking around the moor. I loved visiting the Parsonage and I loved Wuthering Heights, which is why it is the "W" on this list.

The Bronte Parsonage Museum is in Haworth. In 1998, getting there from London meant taking a train to Leeds and a bus from the train station to Haworth. I also discovered walks--rambles--in the area and stomped around for a few hours before heading back to London. If possible, I try to walk everywhere I visit. If I am with my husband, walking and using public transportation is guaranteed. He says public transportation is always reliable, unlike cabs where the driver can go where he/she wants, public transport has to go one way and has to be on time. The only problem I have when traveling with my husband is that selecting a restaurant to eat at is impossible. We walk and walk and walk, look at menus, look online. And walk and walk and usually end up right where we started. That's why the walks in Yorkshire are good, you want to end up where you started, back at the Parsonage Museum (which has a blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment