Monday, August 31, 2009

Bringing Baby Home: Diapers

D is for diapers. Our baby was three weeks early so we didn't have a huge stash of diapers. Luckily a friend had given us some diapers and the hospital let us take a stack of them. And we knew some cloth diapers were on the way. For more on that, read my husband's blog post.

However, diapers to catch uh, poo and pee are not the only kinds we needed upon coming home from the hospital. My aunt gave me some cloth diapers for burp cloths. And I am very thankful and use them All The Time. The old flatfold diapers are absorbent and catch all the spit-up and projectile vomiting my son can eject--and that is a lot. Having those diapers has saved me from being covered in spit-up more times than I can count. Yes, any old rag would do, but these can also absorb foremilk spewing from my body, which is another story for another day.

One of my friend's makes pretty cloth diapers by sewing on a panel of flannel cloth in the center. I wish I had the time to do the same thing--I envision cute little soccer balls. I also wonder where she got the green and blue diapers she passed onto me. While I love the cloth diapers/burp cloths, I would like them to be better looking, especially as they get stained.

No comments:

Post a Comment