Monday, September 28, 2009

Bringing Baby Home: Target Gift Cards

T is for Target gift cards. People are generous to new parents; we received several Target gift cards. Although I thought I had the room prepared, the changing table well-stocked, and everything washed and ready, we ended up at Target multiple times during the first few weeks.

First it was for diapers, then we wanted Gripe Water. We've gone back for baby wash cloths (yes, I could use adult ones, but these are smaller) and toys for him to ignore. Target is a refuge for new mothers, it is a place where it is OK to take a child, wonder around, look at shoes and jewelry and pick up a few things for the baby--justifying the trip.

One thing Target only has online is cradle sheets. It turns out, bassinets and cradles are different sizes. A local resale shop had the cradle sheets in stock, slightly marked up. Had I known my child was going to be early, I would have ordered them from Target and used a gift card, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment