Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bringing Baby Home: Infant Positioner

As I said in a previous post, reading the information on SIDS in Baby 411 scared me. I don't want my child to die because I didn't do something as simple as turn on a fan. So of course I knew to put him on his back to sleep.

What I didn't count on was the fact that he rolls from side to side. My child is a thrasher. Add to that his aerodynamic breech baby head preventing him from laying on the back of his head, well, putting him down to sleep brought my fears to the surface.

Before he was born, I had read that infant positioners were a waste of money. After getting home from the hospital and trying to get him to sleep on his back, I caved and got a cheap, $8 sleep positioner. I felt much better, though he hated it. I figure it's one of many things that I will make him use or do that he hates.

We don't use it anymore--his head is perfect now--but I am grateful I purchased it and wish I had thought of it before he was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment