Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bringing Baby Home: Kit, First Aid Kit

K is for First Aid Kit. Every house should have one but babies have special needs. We got a stocked first aid kit from my father--ironic since he's never had an up-to-date first aid kit--before my son was born. Of course I still stress over whether or not I have all I will need, should the need arise.

Baby 411 says:
Band Aids - we have lots considering I cut myself loading the dishwaher
non-stick dressing and tape - in kit
butterfly bandages - hmmmm
Ace Wrap - soccer players, we have several
roll of gauze dressing - yes, have
rectal thermometer - almost any thermometer can be rectal, except the new forehead ones
petroleum jelly - lots from my running days
acetaminophen - of course we have it
ibuprofen - again, of course
antibiotic ointment - that's vague
Benadryl - I didn't feel like typing out the non-brand name
saline nose drops - nope, don't have, Baby 411 says I can make these
decongestant nose spray - nope and I guess my allergy medicine won't cut it
1% hydrocortisone cream - somewhere
emergency phone numbers - hmmm, I just know 911
baking soda - in the pantry, for baking
tweezers - for my eyebrows and useless ones in Swiss Army Knives
measuring spoon, cup or dropper - yes, have

Today's Moms says I need one for the diaper bag with:
an instant read thermometer - nope, don't have
baby nail clippers - we've been using a nail file since I cry trying to clip his nails
aspirator - oh, for the nose! I had to Google this
Milicon - not in the diaper bag
non-aspirin fever reducer - usually in my purse

So we're ready for home emergencies (unless I need to call Poison control) but not on-the-go emergencies. Well, good thing I made this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment