Friday, October 16, 2009

Crafts: Christmas Stockings

My mother made all the Christmas stockings in my family. My grandmother made all the Christmas stockings. So, when I was pregnant, I decided to make the Christmas stockings.

That was December 2008, and now, in October 2009, I have almost completed them.

See, they don't have names yet. That would require me to embroider and I've not done anything more than back stitching in years. I'm thinking the names should be done with a split stitch and I want to practice first. Otherwise, I'm only halfway pleased with these stockings. There was a lot of trial and error, I know where the back and front don't line up and I may add a giant jingle bells to them to hide a mistake I made on two of them. I used ribbons because I don't know how to sew very well and messed up my husband's stocking. The green ribbon on his is glued on, and not very well I might add.

In the end, I am proud to be (nearly) done with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment