Sunday, November 8, 2009

Crafts: Windows

W is for Windows. In 2001 or 2002 I received the Ballard Designs catalog which featured a window with four panes and a botanical drawing of a rose in each frame. I was inspired and wanted to do something similar with my travel photos. My mother and I found windows at an antique store in Lumberton, Texas, and I took them back to Austin in my little Ford Focus hatchback.

My windows change with me. When I return from a wonderful, eyeopening vacation, I want to remember it. So I end up taking a photo from that adventure and putting it in the window, removing an old photo.

Left to right, top row: Giverny, France; Aix-en-Provence, France; Tallin, Estonia; Tivoli, Denmark; Barcelona, Spain; Singapore.


Moscow, Russia; Quebec, Canada; Tulum, Mexico; Berlin, Germany; Cliffs of Moher, Ireland; and Peterhof Palace, Russia.

Although it is premature and incomplete, I am done with crafts since my good ones are Christmas related and I do not want to get down a couple of huge boxes from the top of my closet right now. Maybe in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment