Monday, November 2, 2009

Crafts: Name

I am skipping M right now because we've ordered a new camera, but it isn't here yet.

Expectant mothers like to nest and have their child's room ready. They peruse magazines and online stores for nursery ideas. One thing most stores sell are letters for the baby's name as a room decoration.

We didn't have a name for my son until 23.5 hours after he was born, so I didn't have a name on his wall when he came home. However, one of the first places I insisted on going after getting home was Michael's, so I could get some wall letters and blue spray paint from Lowe's. Sure, I could have purchased letters from Pottery Barn Kids, but these were cheaper and in my neighborhood.


I got the dark blue paint to match the art from my Mother-In-Law--the wall decor she got at her shower before my husband was born. I used putty to put them on the wall. Later, when my son was about two months, I was at Michael's again and picked up some $0.25 each sports balls and added them to the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment