Thursday, December 17, 2009

How to Feed My Cats



Step 1: is to detach the feeder from the ground. The photo above shows the timer thing and it's zip fastner thing covered in Duct tape. This needs to be undone.
Step 2: find the screwdriver hidden under the sink, next to the food. Lift the top flap, push down on the bottom flap. You might have to pull a bit on the little square (under my thumb in the picture above) while pushing on the little flap.

This usually takes me a couple of tries and usually involves some small curses before it releases.

Step 3: Fill the food compartments with a scoop and a half of food. Then set the timer with the arrow pointing to the correct time in the red "today" area. Each notch is an hour so I try to set it close to the actual time, but sometimes it's off an hour.


Step 4: Reattach everything, be sure to line up the curved part of the cover over the "Battery" arrow, or it won't fit. Slide the zip thing back together, pull tight. Press the tape back onto the feeder.


Step 5: Turn the feeder so the curved timer part is facing the corner under the cabinets. I feel the bottom of the feeder for the Velcro a and match the left edges. In other words, I put my fingers from my left hand on the left edge of the Velcro on the floor and fingers on my right hand on the left edge of the Velcro piece on the feeder and try to match them. Like hanging a picture on a wall.

Then make sure it is truly stuck to the ground.



It should look like this (only the open compartment should be on the other side and have a 0 in it).

Since you will be handling food, they will want to eat. I just throw food on the ground. There are some treats under the sink, but I've learned they don't know the difference between cat treats and cat food.

No comments:

Post a Comment